Register & start filling out the Mode Shift Challenge online workbook using the link below.
If you would prefer, you can also download this printable workbook, and then fill it out by hand or as a fillable PDF.
Pick any week during the challenge period.
We know that your life is busy and complicated, so just look at the calendar and decide which week will work best for you. You can pick any week between now and June 4-10, 2023.
Plan out two trips to shift.
Sit down before your chosen week begins and plan out two trips you are going to try to shift from car (including taxi or Uber/Lyft) to bike, walking or public transit (MBTA, The Grid, Lexpress, etc.). Planning your trips out ahead of time greatly increases your chance of mode shift success!
At the end of the week, reflect on how it went.
What was successful? What problems did you encounter? What might you do differently next time? The whole point of this exercise is to figure out what does and does not work for you so you can make real, lasting changes to your travel patterns in the future.
Submit your completed workbook to us by June 16th, 2023.
The online workbook is set up to be editable, so you can resubmit it after each of these step. Just make sure you’ve clicked submit for the final time by June 16, 2023. (If you use the printable workbook, please email your file to us by the same deadline.)
Every participant who submits their completed workbook will be entered into the raffle, which will include:
- Four (4) $50 AmEx gift cards (+2 additional $50 AmEx gift cards reserved exclusively for participants who live or work in the Town of Lexington*)!
- One (1) bike-themed gift bag (+2 additional bike-themed gift bags reserved exclusively for participants who live or work in the Town of Lexington*)!
- One (1) bus-themed gift bag (+2 additional bus-themed gift bags reserved exclusively for participants who live or work in the Town of Lexington*)!
*The Town of Lexington is a special sponsor this year and is helping to provide additional mode shift prizes specifically to the Lexington community.
In addition to the raffle, every participant can also opt-in to receive:
- a certificate showing your estimated carbon reduction effected by the challenge!
- a small “thank you” gift pack!