|Non-Member Fare||$4.00 per trip|
For a complete account of the shuttle rider policies relevant to the Needham route, see our 2017 Needham Shuttle Rider Policy.
Member Fare Eligibility & Shuttle ID Cards
1. Only riders who are affiliated with a 128 Business Council member company (either because the member company is the rider’s employer or because the rider’s employer is a tenant of a member company) are eligible to ride on a member fare (in this case, fare-free). If you are not sure whether you qualify for member rates, please contact us.
2. In order to ride fare-free, you need a valid 128 Business Council Shuttle ID card, which you can obtain from your company or community transportation coordinator. If you don’t know who your transportation coordinator is, or if you need help obtaining your card, please contact us.
3. Here’s what a valid Shuttle ID card for the Needham shuttle looks like:
4. You must show your Shuttle ID card to the driver upon entering the vehicle every time you ride. To expedite boarding for everyone and keep the shuttle on schedule, have your Shuttle ID card ready before you enter the shuttle and, if possible, free your Shuttle ID card of any coverings or encasements so your driver can more easily see it.
5. Are you a brand new member rider who hasn’t yet obtained a Shuttle ID card? Don’t worry: Just board the shuttle and inform the driver of your situation.
Methods of Payment (for non-members only)
Option #1: Pay cash on board.
- Drivers don’t make change.
- Both bills and coins are accepted.
- No advance payments are accepted. So, for example, riders cannot pay a driver for a morning and evening trip on the morning trip.
Option #2: Purchase 10-ride tickets via PayPal below.
Option #3: If time affords, purchase a 10-ride ticket from your driver.
- This option is only available when there is time and when it is acceptable to your driver (please ask), so plan accordingly.
- You can pay for your 10-ride ticket with exact change or with a check made payable to: “128 Business Council.” Drivers cannot process credit/debit cards.
Charlie Cards are NOT accepted, since 128 Business Council is not part of the MBTA.
Buying 10-Ride Tickets via PayPal (for non-members only)
Before you purchase your ticket(s) below, please note:
1. Tickets purchased through PayPal are non-refundable. They have no expiration date.
2. Your 10-ride shuttle ticket(s) will be mailed to your confirmed address within the United States, as shown by PayPal (usually the same as your billing address). If you need to ship to an address different than the one shown, please contact us.
3. Purchased tickets should arrive within 5-7 business days. If your tickets do not arrive within 7 business days, please email us at email@example.com and include your PayPal confirmation number.